Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I can haz tekst?

http://prezi.com/jdpae4kw_k1_/tuck-everlasting-text-satellite/?auth_key=9b9d013c84d2bf24ce56f135d5a64e083be506ff **fixed

My text satellite is based off of the novel Tuck Everlasting and its themes of duty, greed, mortality vs. immortality, change vs. stagnation, and the natural order of things.

Speaking of the natural order, I chose simply to organize the works by their types.While many of the works I chose specifically deal with death, most deal with at least two of the themes. For example, "A White Heron" relates to greed because the hunter wants to kill the white heron, while the girl's sense of duty compels her to lie to the hunter despite being enamored by him.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nate,

      I enjoyed thinking through these texts in this way. Your idea of the "natural order" or the cyclical nature of life is intriguing, especially (for me) when your novel is paired with a film like Benjamin Button--a backwards cyclical narrative. The (reverse) motion was fun to think about. Things I loved: "Don't say you don't have enough time." I think we all need to be reminded of this. Often. I also enjoyed the Sunscreen video...I completely forgot about this! Things that made me laugh: "Because I could not stop for death/Gilligan's Island"--hahaha. Wonderful. I think I need to "re-purpose" this in another class :) Good work overall here.

      Delete